- Find advantages and disadvantages using Joomla CMS
- All the source codes are available for free and the user can reuse it as per the requirements.
Usability- Joomla CMS can be used for making any kind of websites, right from the small, simple and personal blog to the large corporate website or any e-commerce website.
Accessibility- Joomla CMS is very easy to use and even a layman having no technical knowledge about HTML programming can make a website using it.
- Just need to install Jommla CMS and all set to create, edit and manage the content in our website.
- Do not need to have any prior knowledge about web development to make a website using the Joomla CMS.
Themes and templates- Joomla CMS comes with various attractive themes and templates.
- Can make our website look attractive by using different inbuilt templates and themes.
- Can select the theme and template which goes well with our topic.
- Selecting or changing the existing theme and template is absolutely easy in Joomla CMS.
Customer Support- Joomla CMS is run by a vast community and if facing any technical problem in maintaining our website in Joomla we can submit a report or a bug and our problem will be fixed in real time b the experienced and large community of Joomla.
PHP- The Joomla framework was written completely in PHP scripting. As this is the most common scripting language on the planet our pages should display well and we should have limited compatibility issues. Simple Installation- Joomla’s installation takes only a few minutes and is ready to use right out of the box.
- Anyone who can download from the Internet can install and begin using Joomla Easy To Update- Once the page is designed and in place the content can be updated easily from our web browser or iPhone. All you need is basic word processing skills.
-One major drawback that Joomla user experience is that some of its plug-ins works with only some particular scripts
- Can customize our website extensively as we can do with other open source platforms.
- The learning curve is larger as compared to other open source platforms.
- Makes the website heavy to load and run.
Beginner to Intermediate Usability
- Does not have much advanced functionalities for those looking to truly customize complex sites.
- Every site in Joomla will use its own login detail which makes the work easier but the site less secure.
- Joomla has 80 modules and a reasonable amount of templates but will still feel too cookie-cutter for more advanced users, although less so than WordPress.
- The system and sites can use a large amount of server resources comparable to other CMS solutions, which means we could only run a couple of sites successfully.
- Even with only a couple of sites running we may experience slow loading times.
- There is some plugins that come with a price tag for Joomla that are free with other systems like WordPress.
- Many Joomla users have complained that the sites just can’t handle more than 50,000 users a day. This if course only a problem if we have a site that gets many visitors.
April 10, 2012 (Tue)
- Watch you tube part 3
>> How to edit website, because when install Joomla script our website is full with text of Joomla.
April 11, 2012 (Wed)
- Public holiday
April 12, 2012 (Thu)
- Learn Extensions
– module manager Turn off of modules because no needs a lot of menus then click view site
- Edit banner (logo USM)
Creating Multi Language website Joomla 2.5 (Video Joomla Toturial)
Part 1 – installing language files
Part 2 – menus & modules
Part 3 – Language filter & switcher
Part 4 – styling the language filter
April 13, 2012 (Fri)
- Does editing at Template manage: edit file
- Writing Weekly Report